Thursday, October 28, 2010

Eden of the East is so awesome!

It's so awesome i have to write about it again.
It's so awesome i can't watch anything else because it's so awesome!
Just like Read or Die, it makes you feel awesome. But it's much more in depth than Read or Die.
This is a really big surprise coming from Production I.G, the king of boring things.
Actually i found the first episode to be bit boring, and laid it off for a while, because it looked kinda like a Production I.G show. I wondered how something that looks so cute can be a Production I.G show. Gone are the expressionless faces.
They feel stuff!
And here is a screenshot from Sky Crawlers, also made by Production I.G:
They look like dolls
Look at their eyes. They look like dolls, and you won't ever see anyone have any other expression than what is shown here. Actually they're meant to look and act like dolls. Thats one of director oshii's signature stuff. Probably because he don't like to feel stuff. Sky Crawlers is based on a novel by the same guy who wrote "The Girl who Leapth Through Time" and "Paprika". Both Paprika and "The girl who leapt though time" are made into great movies with lots of stuff that make you feel awesome. And that's why i watched Sky Crawlers. If The Sky Crawlers were made by Madhouse or something, it would probably have been made into something really great.

It's not Oshii who directed Eden of the East. But other things directed by Kenji Kamiyami looks pretty much Production I.G. to me. He has only directed the Ghost in the Shell tv-series before though. Maybe this is the first time he had the chance to really show what he can do, and take a step away from traditional Production I.G-stuff. And the Ghost in the Shell tv-series are a lot more fun than the movies.


I've been playing Fallout New Vegas lately.
The game locked up again, and i decided to blog about how awesome Eden of the East is.
And i was hoping that the game would unfreeze again, but it didn't. A lot of lagging in Freeside, suddenly it just froze up. The game has been freezing on me quite a lot, but not as bad as Fallout 3 did. It's fun. But i get the feeling that american developers love to release games before they're finished... Of course it's huge, but it's still no excuse for releasing a broken game. And there are still people without internet! I've gotten to some broken quests too. One of them were fixed in the last patch though.

2 comments:

  1. Then i shall borrow it and see the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can play it, that is.
    I can't play blu-ray on my computer anymore.I read it's because HP's stupid with their quickplay and stuff. Then you probably can't either, maybe?

    ReplyDelete