Sunday, October 10, 2010

Things i thought i wouldn't like

Kakespade made a post about things she didn't think she would like(http://kakesett.blogspot.com/2010/10/things-i-thought-i-would-hate.html) , so i'm copying her post.
In no spesific order:


1. Battle Royale

A movie about teenagers killing each other.
Didn't really sound like my cup of tea, but now it's one of my favorite movies!


2. Spirited Away

I was a Ghibli-skeptic. I saw Princess Mononoke dubbed in english, and didn't really like it much.
Spirited Away made me a Ghibli-lover. I even like Princess Mononoke now =)

3.  Paprika
I was also a Satoshi Kon skeptic.
I had seen Perfect Dark and Millennium Actress, but just thought they were weird.
Then i saw Paprika, wich is a really, really great film.
Now i love anything Satoshi Kon.


4. Macross
When i thought of Macross, i thought of Transformers. It even has airplanes transforming into robots.
But it's really alot more like Gunbuster with really great shoujoish 80's melodrama =)
I want to see Macross Frontier, but i can't make myself download it, even though i know it's rare for anything Macross to get released in english. =( I want it on Blu-Ray now! And i also want the movie "Do you remember Love" =)


5. Pom Poko

Pom Poko doesn't get as much love as many other Ghibli-movies. I really didn't think i would like it, but i like it very much. I think it is a very cute and fun film.

1 comment: