Sunday, October 10, 2010

A huge shipment

I made an order at animecornerstore in May. I'm a bit shocked at how long it has been since last time i ordered DVD's =P
 It seems that one of the items was holding up my order, therefore i told them to cancel that item since they had changed the date to TBA. So they didn't ship my order until a few days ago. I had a few preorders in my order, so i knew i had to wait for a little while, but i didn't know it was THAT long since i placed the order.
I also decided it was time to make another order with them since it's been so long.
So now i have 2 shipments on the way that has a combined value of a whopping $578!
And that's a lot for one month for me.
Since i can't watch as much as i did before because of school, my backlog is becoming somewhat big.
Before i didn't have any problems with long series like Utena or Macross, but now i go "gah!" just with a standard 13 episode series. I just don't feel i have the time anymore. So i mostly watch short OAV-stuff and movies right now.
I just have to wait for holidays for for watching series mostly.

Things on its way:

Eden of the East (Blu-Ray)
I've been looking forward to this since i saw the trailer some time ago. Nude guy with a gun and stuff, very nice drawings that look a lot like Honey & Clover.

Toradora Collection 2
Fun high school comedy with great animation.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2
First series was fun with fabolous animation. Heard bad things about the second season. The infamous endless eight, where the same episode repeats eight times, so i actually just get 5 new episodes or so.
Probably tried to be creative (the first series put the episodes in random order).


El Hazard: The Wanderer.
I don't know much about this series. I remember it being popular before, but i never checked it out.
Looks like a fantasy-series.

Corpse Princess
Looks fun. Gainax and stuff. Gainax is almost always fun.


Rin: Daughter of Mnemosyne (Blu-Ray)
Heard it was somewhat sexual or violent or something? Don't know much about it, but it looks like it might be a fun short OAV. Looks high budget.


Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11 (Blu-Ray)
Gainax ripping of its customers by releasing several versions of the same movie.
Haven't seen my DVD wich i think is version 1.01 yet because i knew a new version would come out eventually.

Shigofumi
This one was really impulsive of me. I don't know anything at all, except it has something to do with letters from dead people.


Rumbling Hearts
Will be fun to rewatch. It's a really soapy drama about a love triangle, a girl who falls in a coma for years and stuff, but i liked it when it was new. And it's based on an erotic computer game.

Kodoma no Omocha collection 1&2
Old shoujo comedy that's really popular. Really long. Directed by the same guy who did Fruits Basket, Here and there and stuff.

Gurren Lagann movie 1
They didn't ship the second movie(THE CONTINUATION), wich is the interesting one! Boooh!


Kanokon
Heard its somehat sexual? Maaaaaaaybe fun?


UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie S1&S2
Everyone hates this. Maybe i will like it?


Twin Spica Vol 2 (Manga)
I love Twin Spica!
Maybe it will trick the customs into thinking i'm just buying books?????????


14th. December there will be more Yotsuba! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. isnt gurren lagann movie 1 a compilation of the series? thats not very fun... -_-

    and yaaaay Yotsubaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. Compilations aren't fun.

    ReplyDelete