Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I watch Eden of the East on Blu-Ray

Blu-Ray's very nice.
But DVD's are nice too, and most of the time i can't see that much of a difference. I can see the difference on my laptop, but it's not as easy on my 42" Plasma TV.
Dvd's look super-sharp, and so do blu-rays. Actually Dvd's look as sharp as blu-rays do on my computer, when i watch DVDs on my tv.
I still choose blu-ray over DVD's because i know they're better.
I can't really hear much of a difference with the super awesome truehd surround sound either, even if i have a super awesome homecinema-setup (I use my headphones most of the time though).


Eden of the East is very nice.
Things made by Production I.G is almost always boring. They make the most expensive super awesome tv-series and movies, but they're so boring. In movies like Ghost in the Shell and Sky Crawlers, the characters are just like dolls with just one face expression. They have absolute no feelings, acting all philosophical, quoting famous philosophers and so on. Mostly it's only some people talking about philosophical things in Production I.G shows.

It's a mystery how Production I.G can actually make something that's not boring.
Eden of the East is not boring. It's actually very fun. And it has a really strange episode count of 11 episodes.
It's about a guy waking up in front of the white house, and he's nude and holding a cellphone in one hand, and a gun in his other hand. And he has lost his memory.
I'll just post some picture from the internet, since i can't take screenshots from blu-rays.

He saves some girl from the police who's throwing rocks at the white house. The policeman was alot more interested in the nude guy wandering about. As a thanks she gives him her jacket. But she forgot to take out her passport, so she can tavel back to Japan! And that's how the two main characters meet, and their quest for getting his memory back.

He get contacted by some mysterious woman, telling him he has 8,2 billion yen left on his account, and that he's part of some game, probably set up by the government. The 8.2 billion yen can't be taken out as cash, but has to be used through services through the phone. And he can ask the phone to do absolute ANYTHING. Actually the phone tells him that it was he who ordered to have his memory taken. With the phone he has complete control over the japanese government. He can for example get the prime minister of Japan say something completely random on tv, sneak in a queue, get someone arrested, make a traffic accident and so on.
It's very fun, and it has a lot of mysteries that you just want to know the answer to!
Phone magic!


Of course, it being a Production I.G-show it has to be somewhat philosophical too. But not as hardcore as other production I.G-shows. The big message of Eden of the East, is that we should pity those poor NEETS, people who shut themselves inside because they can't bear the pressure from work and/or school (wich is a big problem in Japan, having almost a million shut-ins).
Is life too much work? Yes, it is. Maybe more so, in Japan.

Eden of the East was very, very fun for me. It's almost as fun as Read or Die, but overall i think this is the better series, maybe. It's super awesome that Production I.G, with their big budgets, made something fun!
I saw it all in one sit.
Now it's so late i have to get in bed. The clock is 00:48 right now. But that's only 23:48 when November begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment